Thursday, December 15, 2011

45 hours since my last cigarette

So I've done a lot of research on this. I've been a smoke for ten years. I've never really been a pack-a-day kind of girl - I'm usually somewhere between 3 and 10 smokes a day.

Hmmm. Let's get real. It's closer to 10, despite what I tell my boyfriend.

So I've read that exercise, drinking lots of water, and snacking on healthy foods will help you quit smoking and stay fit at the same time. Like a lot of us, one of my biggest fears is gaining weight after quitting - vain, I know. But hey, I'm quitting for vanity's sake too. So I just went for a run, and I had carrots and cukes for a snack today. I've had a lot of water, and a lot of coffee, and I've been staying busy.





I still want to smoke. And hey, of course I want to smoke - it's addictive. There's nothing I'm going to be able to do about it. My answer for that? Ask the universe to spare some of her vast energy to take away my desire to smoke for the next few hours, until my head hits the pillow.


If all else fails tonight, CHOCOLATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment