Saturday, December 17, 2011

Research on weight gain from qutting smoking

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/weightgain/a/weightgainquit.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/quit-smoking/AN01437

If you were sitting in the room with me, you would hear my big sigh of relief. And NOT because I read that weight gain from quitting isn't inevitable, but because I'm getting a fucking grip on reality - you can lose weight, you can't lose your lungs. The health benefits from quitting smoking will far outweigh any negative effects from gaining some weight. All this worrying I've been doing is just another way for me to try to control a situation, which I really have no control over. So, once again, this alcoholic has failed to control something and is giving it up to the Universe, for the millionth time today. Glad we've settled that.

Today I went for a walk with Marco the dog and my friend Ray at the state park just outside of town. Marco went swimming, and Ray and I did some running, but she's been sick so we didn't get too far. We did about an hour of walking, though, and I'm going to head to the gym pretty soon to do another 10 minutes of cardio and some lifting. I'm trying not to lift too much because I don't want to build any more muscle - just toning for now. I'm not actually very good at toning - I tend to push myself pretty hard with weights so I end up building quickly. I have to work on lots of reps with small weights to tone!

Then I'm going to head home and make some tomato soup. I'm not much of a chef, so I got this super easy recipe that got good reviews, is vegan and low calorie:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=263034

I'm also going to pick up some carrots while I'm at the store to keep me munching on something healthy between meals (translation: so I don't totally lose my mind from deprivation of all things holy, a.k.a. smoking), and some chai tea and honey for after dinner. mmmmm....

I should be working on this paper, and I'm totally not. Distractions!!!

What are we at now? Oh yeah... 88 and a half hours! hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment